Now Hiring a Data Analyst
Interested in building a large scale, modern data ecosystem as a member of a transformation focused consulting company that is working with one of the largest financial service companies in the US? Join us as we transform and modernize our clients' data environment into a robust and intelligent data ecosystem. This is a fast-moving, forward-leaning initiative to build a full featured platform which will serve as the backbone for their big data and data analytics innovations. We are looking for modern data enthusiasts who want to make a big impact, deliver great technology, and work on an exciting team. This is a remote position but must be able to commute to Chevy Chase, MD occasionally .
- Understand Big Data Concepts including Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Analytical Marts, Feature Marts.
- Be familiar with Public Cloud platforms concepts (Azure, AWS, Google), with Azure experience preferred
- Be proficient in SQL and be able to construct SQL queries for data analysis
- Experience in the use Data modeling tools like Erwin and how to reverse engineer data using Erwin
- Be able to review and understand Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models
- Be able to construct data element source to target mappings (STMs) as part of requirements
- Experience working on cross functional Agile Teams
- Agile requirements experience – be able to construct a product backlog, write Epics, Features, User stories, assist in leading Scrum practices.
- Be able to facilitate and elicit business and technical requirements definition discussions with business and technical stakeholders
- Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with identifying and solving data-related requirements
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Experience with DBVisualizer data analysis tool
- Experience with Aginity Pro
- Experience with AB Initio EME data analysis tool
- Experience with Collibra Data Governance too
- Experience working with Snowflake big data platform and analytics
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI for building reports and data visualizations
- Leverage analytics tools to provide actionable insights on key business performance metrics.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide reports
- Ability to build data visualizations and dashboards to communicate data discoveries, performance, and quality.
Profile of Success
- Utilize BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with 3-5 years of experience in Data.
- Big Data, EDW, Data Analysis, BI Reporting, and Triaging experience
- Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
- Desire to learn Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configuration, patterns and practices.
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.