Now Hiring a Data Engineer
Ability to maintain a Interim Secret Clearance Required
As a Data Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to streamline services to our clients. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. An Interim Secret Clearance is required. This is a remote position.
- Ability to apply your skills in Azure Cognitive Services, Azure PaaS, data science, data analytics, and data warehousing to pioneer Azure cloud and data services within the DoD, bringing Azure Data Factory to IL4 & IL5.
- Work in a team using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems and build solutions
- Interact directly with our client(s) to understand their needs and meet, or exceed their expectations by meeting delivery deadlines
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum
- Design, write, test, troubleshoot, and document application code
- Provide mentorship to junior developers
- Learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends.
Profile of Success
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 6+ years of experience
- Deep knowledge of data ingestion strategies and understanding of the V-dimensions of data (velocity, volume, variety, veracity)
- Extensive experience with the Azure storage technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Database)
- Extensive experience with Azure data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Data Bricks, Stream Analytics)
- Proven experience developing Big Data solutions in the Azure space
- SQL Server 2014+ experience.
- Comfortable with Microsoft SQL data technologies (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS)
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and envision data ingestion solutions
- Possess DoD 8570 security certification
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE
- Experience with Hadoop-based technologies (HDInsight, Spark, Hive, Pig, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.