Now Hiring a Data Engineer
Interested in building a large scale, modern data ecosystem as a member of a transformation focused consulting company that is working with one of the largest financial service companies in the US? Join us as we transform and modernize our clients' data environment into a robust and intelligent data ecosystem. This is a fast-moving, forward-leaning initiative to build a full featured platform which will serve as the backbone for their big data and data analytics innovations. We are looking for modern data enthusiasts who want to make a big impact, deliver great technology, and work on an exciting team. This is a remote position but must be able to commute to Chevy Chase, MD occasionally.
Profile of Success
- Work in a team using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems and build solutions
- Interact directly with our client(s) to understand their needs and meet, or exceed their expectations by meeting delivery deadlines
- Work in an agile environment with participation in daily stand-ups/scrum
- Design, write, test, troubleshoot, and document data transformations
- Learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends.
- 3+ years of experience working with Scala
- Hands on Programming experience in Scala with Spark for ETL
- Advanced SQL skills
- Possess Hive skills with HiveQL.
- Experience in designing efficient and robust ETL/ELT workflows, schedulers using Oozie, and event-based triggers
- Big Data Experience - Experience with Ab Initio, MDM, Microstrategy, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spring Cloud
- Data Operations and Security - experience with tools like Collibra, able to establish data standards and policies
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and envision data ingestion solutions
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with the Azure storage technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Database)
- Knowledge of Azure data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Data Bricks, Stream Analytics)
- Knowledge of Talend ETL
- Microsoft related certifications such as the MCSD/MCSE